Dear Franklin Middle School Families:
I am delighted to join the Franklin School Community as Interim Principal of your Middle School. As a Laconia resident in for over 30 years with my wife, Helen, I am in my 22nd year as an educator and my 13th year as a school administrator. I am greatly looking forward to working with the staff and administration on behalf of FMS students and families as we enter the 2018-2019 school year. Although my title is “Interim” I am committed to the long-term academic and personal development and success of our students, the staff, and the City of Franklin. As we enter the summer season there are a few items of importance I wish to make you aware of:
- Summer office hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. but you can always leave a message 934-5828 extension 2002 or kdarsney@sau18 if you would like to reach me directly.
- Summer school is at Franklin High School Monday-Thursday from 8-11:30 beginning Monday, June 9 until Thursday August 2.
- The first day of school will be Tuesday, September 4 and there will be much more information as we get closer (don’t worry, there is plenty of summer left!).
- Please feel free to drop by if you wish to meet me in person but it might be best to call ahead to make sure I will be here, there’s much to do and learn as I come on board!
- We are in the process of filling some staff vacancies, including the appointment of a new Assistant Principal. Please visit our school website, Twitter, and Facebook pages for updates.
- As we get closer to the start of the new school year we are planning an Open House to introduce new administrators and showcase the many repairs and improvements to our school as we prepare for students to return and new 4th graders to arrive.
Thank you for the privilege of serving you, your children, and the Franklin Community. I’m really looking forward to seeing the classrooms filled with students eager to learn and teachers equally eager to teach! Please remember I am always available if you have any concerns or just want to get better acquainted. One last thing, Darsney can be a little difficult to remember and pronounce, at most schools I have worked they just call me Mr. “D” so please feel free to do so also!
Ken Darsney (Mr. “D”)
Franklin Middle School